While your friend might swear by her latest anti-aging treatment, it’s important to remember that not all treatments are the right fit for all skin types.
We look at a few of the most popular anti-aging treatments available today so that you can decide what will work best for you.
- Microneedling:With the help of a dermaroller, a handheld device that contains microneedles, you can stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin in order to achieve a more youthful appearance.
Pros –Safe and cost-effective
Cons – None
- Laser:Skin-tightening lasers heat the dermis in order to stimulate the growth of collagen while cooling the skin at the same time in order to prevent any damage. These laser also stimulate the aponeurotic sheath around the muscles.
Pros – Painless and cost effective
Cons – Multiple sessions will be required
- Vampire face lift:Using the natural healing abilities of your blood’s own plasma, the vampire face lift involves injecting concentrated plasma intoyour face in order to boost collagen production.
Pros – Rejuvenate skin using your own cells
Cons – High chance of bruising and pain
- Anti-wrinkle injections: In order to reduce wrinkles and lines around the eye, forehead and mouth, anti-wrinkle injections are used to lessen the muscle movement in those areas. Find out more about anti ageing injections at London Cosmetic Clinic
Pros – Targets specific areas and muscles
Cons – Expensive with results only lasting a few months
- Hyaluronic acid infusion:Commonly used to hydrate skin, hyaluronic acid can help improve the elasticity of your skin by applying multiple layers to the areas that need it the most.
Pros – Excellent source of moisture
Cons – Not ideal as an aggressive anti-aging treatment
- Thread list:This non-surgical face list is a great way to lift sagging skin around the jaw, neck and cheeks. It also boost collagen production.
Pros – Results are long term and skin will continue to improve
Cons – Tightens skin without adding volume
- Fillers:Add volume to your cheeks, and chin using fillers, an injectable gel that contains Hyaluronic Acid. Ideal for those who have recently lost weight or have lost facial fat due to aging.
Pros – Results are quick and can be seen after a single session
Cons – Very costly
- Chemical peels:These peels will help improve your skin’s texture using peeling agents such as Trichloroacetic acid.
Pros – Results in beautiful, glowing skin
Cons – Redness and scarring is possible
- Photofacial:Boost collagen and rejuvenate your face using an IPL laser (intense pulse light).
Pros – Relaxing procedure that’s great for early signs of aging
Cons – None
- High intensity focussed ultrasound (HIFU):HIFU focuses on the structural layers of the skin and is generally used to tighten and lift areas such as the face and neck using ultrasound.
Pros – Only a single session is required
Cons – Can be quite costly