The most recent studies show that use of drugs at the workplace worth companies almost one hundred billion dollars annually, because the majority of drug users are employed. Moreover, small business employees are more prone to drug use and still drug testing in small companies is not so common as compared to big ones. Apart from on-the-job drug usage tests, other areas where the use of drugs is tested comprise post-accident tests, pre-employment drug screenings, return-to-duty testing, etc.
When it comes to drug tests, there is a wide array of methods, which include testing of urine, blood, saliva and hair. Amidst these, the most convenient and quick way of testing is the mouth swab drug test, which is also known as the saliva test. The mouth swab drug test can detect the current usage of the drug, no matter how it was taken.
What is a saliva drug test?
Facing any kind of drug test is quite stressful, particularly if it’s a saliva drug test. This type of test requires to collect the sample of saliva present inside the mouth. This sample is used for detection of drugs, that can be identified within one or two days after use. The test detects whether or not a specific compound, such as heroin, methamphetamine, amphetamines, opiates, cocaine, THC (TetraHydroCannabinol), or othera are present in the saliva.
This type of drug test has recently become quite popular because it is inexpensive, convenient, provides instant results, and difficult to tamper with.
How can you pass a saliva drug test?
There are few things that can help you pass a saliva drug test.
If you suspect going through a test:
- Know about it: The first thing is getting educated about a swab test as to what it is, what does it detect, for how long does it work, etc. This information will help you in passing the screen test.
- Don’t smoke: If you think that you might be evaluated for a swab drug test, make sure you avoid smoking for a few days prior.
- Eat something: Eating food can diminish the detection risks, even though it doesn’t provide a foolproof guarantee.
If you come to know a few hours before:
- Drink fluids: Drink as much fluids as you can and swish water inside your mouth, following a rinse. Then, repeat this procedure.
- Eat fatty foods: Since THC ties up well with fats, you should eat fatty foods, which can pull out THC from your mouth.
If it’s a surprise test:
- Adulteration: Use adulterants, which work as chemicals and obstruct drug test results. Your best bet is hydrogen peroxide. You can also get this adulterant inside a few chewing gums, specially made for this purpose.
- Detox Mouthwash: Use a detoxifying mouthwash. You can even put one inside your car for that surprise test at a police checkpoint.
Hopefully, you can be at ease now that you know how to pass a saliva test. The mouth swab drug tests for weed are the easiest ones to pass, because THC don’t stay for too long in your saliva.